Trauma-Focused Interventions for Domestic Violence Survivors
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
This course reviews the trauma-based treatments that have been designed or modified specifically for Intimate Partner Violence survivors and provides cautions and recommendations for moving forward.
Article Author: Carole Warshaw MD, Cris M. Sullivan Ph.D, and Echo A. Rivera M.A.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Identify the characteristics and manifestations of intimate partner violence (IPV).
2. Review the trauma-based treatments that have been designed or modified specifically for IPV survivors.
3. Describe the factors specific to IPV that can impact treatment accessibility and treatment outcomes.
4. Summarize research findings in the area of intimate partner violence and the study limitations that must be considered when interpreting and utilizing these findings.
5. Compare IPV treatment models that address trauma recovery with those that focus on trauma symptom reduction.
Date Added: 2013-11-19
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.