Clinical Drug Testing in Primary Care
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This course provides information that clinical practitioners need when deciding whether to introduce drug testing in their practices. It offers guidance on implementing drug testing, and describes some of the ways that drug testing can contribute to assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients seen in primary care. It also covers the management of the treatment of chronic pain, and the identification and treatment of substance use disorders.
CE Course Objectives
1. Know and be able to explain to others the role of drug testing in the clinical setting.
2. Be conversant in the terminology of drug texting.
3. Understand and be able to apply drug testing practices in a clinical setting such as a primary care physician's office.
4. Know what drug testing can be used for in a clinical setting and how to talk with patients about it.
5. Be able to effectively monitor patients using drug testing.
6. Be able to interpret point of care tests (POCTs) and laboratory tests appropriately.
7. Be able to select the best testing method for common drugs and drug classes.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-09-04