Behavioral Health for the Homeless
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
This course can only be viewed by clicking the Download PDF link. It is not available in the online reading format. This is a large document, please allow plenty of time for the download especially on slower connections
CEU Course Description
This course is extracted from the rather lengthy TIP manual #55 - Behavioral Health Services for People Who Are Homeless by SAMHSA. This course discusses and advocates an approach that is is integrated and is aimed at providing services to the whole person to improve quality of life in all relevant domains.
Authors: Hunter L. McQuistion, M.D., Jennifer Frey, Ph.D., Jesse B. Milby, Jr., Ph.D., Douglas J. Warn, LCSW-R, Debbie Fisk, LCSW, Kelvin M. Silver, M.Ed., LCPC, LCADC, CRC, NCC
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Define homelessness in America, including numbers, factors that contribute to homelessness, and the different types of homelessness.
2. Summarize counselor competencies for working with people who are homeless.
3. Examine the stages of change, critical phases of recovery, and stages of homeless rehabilitation.
4. Discuss critical interventions and strategies for serving people who are homeless.
5. Identify the categories of community housing for the homeless including emergency shelters, as well as temporary, transitional, and permanent supportive housing.
6. Describe housing services for homeless veterans, individuals with substance use and/or mental disorders, and those in rural areas.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2013-06-04