Diagnosis, Screening and Management of Acute Stress Disorder
$15.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
The course is based on the latest practice guidelines from the Veterans Administration and Department of Defense for the assessment, diagnosis and management of symptoms of ASD, Acute Stress Disorder in the immediate period after exposure to trauma.
Article Author: Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, epartment of Veterans Affairs, Ron Acierno, PhD Kathleen Chard, PhD Daniella David, MD Matt Friedman, MD (Co-Chair) Matt Jeffreys, MD Terry Keane, PhD Harold Kudler, MD Todd Semla, PharmD Sheila Rauch, PhD Josef Ruzek, PhD (Co-Chair) Steve Southwick, MD Murray Stein, MD
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Discuss populations at risk for developing acute stress and PTSD and primary prevention strategies to assist them.
2. Outline strategies to assess and triage those with trauma-related symptoms, significant impaired function, and a ASD or PTSD diagnosis.
3. Describe methods to manage PTSD and co-occurring disorders, PTSD with co-morbidity, and concurrent PTSD and substance use disorder.
4. Summarize treatment components for ASD and PTSD including education and normalization, brief interventions, symptom management, and social and spiritual support.
5. Review recommendations for re-assessing patient status following therapeutic intervention to evaluate and identify the need for additional services.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.