Intimate Partner Violence Against Transgender People and People of Color
$8.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-19 for DV 2 Victim CE Hours. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
CEU Course Description
Intimate partner violence (IPV) affects many LGBTQ and HIV-affected people, yet there remains a great deal of silence surrounding IPV, and many conversations about IPV outside LGBTQ communities are facilitated in a heteronormative context. This CEU course provides strategies to create dialogue on IPV in transgender communities and communities of color, explores ways to support survivors, and identifies resources for IPV.
Article Author: National Coalition of Anti-Violence Program
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the main components of outreach.
2. Enumerate the actions of an emergency plan.
3. Investigate the important papers and items a victim of IPV should take with them if they leave their partner.
4. Describe the “triple jeopardy” that LGBTQ and HIV-affected people of color face.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-05-14