Factors Affecting Health of Women of Color
$25.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 09/30/2020. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CEU Course Description
This CEU course examines the health care systems, the major diseases, and the barriers to accessing health care for women of American Indians / Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders, Hispanics and Latinos, Blacks / African Americans, and Asian Americans.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the reason for urban American Indian women having both greater difficulties in obtaining access to prenatal care and less likelihood of getting such care than women of other racial / ethnic groups.
2. Enumerate the factors associated with the greater incidence of low-weight infants born to black women.
3. Explain why the prevalence of hypertension among blacks varies.
4. Investigate what the high rate of Hmong women declining treatment is attributed to.
5. Identify what inhibits the use of preventive health services for cancer and other conditions among American Samoans.
6. Describe the reason for the high prevalence of obesity and related health problems and mortality among American Indians / Alaska Natives.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-08-13