Prevention and Management of Wounds in Prison Populations
$25.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides guidance on the prevention and treatment of common types of wounds, including pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, venous insufficiency ulcers, and arterial insufficiency ulcers. The focus of this course is to optimize treatment outcomes in the correctional environment.
Article Author: Federal Bureau of Prisons Patient Education
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the factors that can alter the normal histo-chemical complex cascade - potentially converting a healing wound to a non-healing one.
2. Explain when osteomyelitis should be ruled out.
3. Investigate the agents that should be reserved for patients with wounds where stabilization, not healing, is the goal of therapy.
4. Examine in which patients compression therapy should be used with caution.
5. Identify the most crucial step in determining appropriate wound management.
6. Describe basic interventions for arterial insufficiency.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-03-19