Evidence-Based and Culturally Relevant Behavioral Health Interventions
$7.50 | CE Hours:1.50 | Beginning
CE Course Description
In the current health care climate, behavioral health disparities continue to negatively affect black, indigenous, and other communities of color. As a result, there is an initiative, within the health care system, to address inequities related to behavioral health. With that in mind, this course reviews the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) National Network to Eliminate Disparities in Behavioral Health annual training (NNEDLearn) text to build awareness among health care professionals so they can effectively address the inequities found in behavioral health, as well as provide patients the care they require.
CE Course Objectives
- Identify concepts related to NNEDLearn and the implementation of NNEDLearn programs.
- Examine NNEDLearn intervention case studies.
- Evaluate the summary of strategies and lessons learned from NNEDLearn programs/practices.
- Recall conclusions made about NNEDLearn.
Author: Since 2011 SAMHSA’s Office of Behavioral Health Equity (OBHE) has been working with its National Network to Eliminate Disparities in Behavioral Health annual training (NNEDLearn) that teaches teams of practitioners from community-based organizations that serve black, indigenous, and other communities of color in implementing culturally relevant evidence-supported behavioral health practices. To assess the impact of the training on the alumni, qualitative interviews were conducted with a sample of nine alumni and six trainers whose organizations participated in NNEDLearn during the period 2011-2020. The findings from the analysis are summarized in this report in a case study format. This report is specific to NNEDLearn, from 2011 to 2020.
Recommended Citation: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: NNEDLearn Implementation Analysis: Evidence-Based and Culturally Relevant Behavioral Health Interventions in Practice: Strategies and Lessons Learned from NNEDLearn. PEP21-05-02-001MD: Office of Behavioral Health Equity, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2021.
References / Contributions by: All course contributions are the results of qualitative interviews conducted with a sample of nine alumni and six trainers whose organization participated in NNEDLearn during the period of 2011-2020 and no specific names are related. The findings from the analysis are summarized in this report in a case study format. This report is specific to NNEDLearn, from 2011 to 2020.
Retrieved From: https://store.samhsa.gov/product/evidence-based-culturally-relevant-behavioral-health-interventions-practice-strategies/PEP21-05-02-001?utm_source=SAMHSA&utm_campaign=b3b8b2ac86-NEW_PUBLICATION_2021_06_22_1600102&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ee1c4b138c-b3b8b2ac86-168129853
CE Outline with Main Points
- Evidence-Based and Culturally Relevant Behavioral Health Interventions in Practice: Strategies and Lessons Learned from NNEDLearn (2011-2020)
- NNEDLearn Intervention Case Studies
- Summary of Strategies and Lessons Learned from NNEDLearn Programs/Practices
- Appendix A: Interview Protocols
- Appendix B: Summary of Implementation Strategies and Lessons Learned
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 - 01/03/2023. Social workers completing this course receive 1.50 'Clinical' continuing education credits.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 1969-12-31