New! Management of Bipolar Disorders in Prison Populations
$9.00 | CEU Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
Not approved for CNAsThis course is not approved by NBCC for NCC certification renewal. To renew your NCC certification, view our list of NBCC specific approved courses.
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides the most current Federal Bureau of Prisons recommendations for the management of bipolar disorders in the federal inmate population.
Article Author: The Federal Bureau of Prisons
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the goal of maintenance therapy.
2. Enumerate the risk factors for the development of bipolar disorder.
3. Investigate which medication is a drug of abuse and should generally not be prescribed in the correctional setting.
4. Examine the questions that the clinician should specifically ask the patient in order to evaluate suicide risk.
5. Identify the first-line monotherapy for acute mania, hypomania, or mixed episode.
6. Provide the side effects that are related to dopamine blockage.