Treating Pregnant and Parenting Women with Opioid Use Disorder
$30.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
IAODAPCA CE Credit for Counselor I or II, Preventionist I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP I or II, ATE, GCE, CVSS II
CE Course Description
The nation’s opioid epidemic continues to compromise the health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities. This CE course provides comprehensive, national guidance for the optimal management of pregnant and parenting women with an opioid use disorder (OUD) and their infants.
Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Clinical Guidance for Treating Pregnant and Parenting Women With Opioid Use Disorder and Their Infants. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 18-5054. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2018.
CE Course Objectives
1. Restate what is associated with the degree of NAS the baby may experience.
2. Explain three items that the discharge plan of safe care should address.
3. Consider three barriers that can prevent women from receiving essential prenatal care or treatment for their OUD until they are close to delivery or in labor.
4. Evaluate the risk of birth defects associated with the use of methadone and buprenorphine.
5. Identify the problematic pharmacokinetic drug interactions that may occur when psychotropic medications are combined with buprenorphine.
6. Describe what nonpharmacologic care of the substance-exposed mother-infant dyad consists of.
CE Outline with Main Points
c. Barriers to Treatment
d. Effective Interventions and Guidelines
e. Definition of Terms
f. Creation of the Guide
g. RAM Methodology
h. Limitations to the RAM Process and Gaps Identified in the Research
i. How To Use the Clinical Guide
a. Prenatal Care
b. Infant Care
c. Maternal Postnatal Care
3. Suitable Development Assessments for Opioid-Exposed Infants and Children
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2023 - 01/03/2026. Social workers completing this course receive 6.00 'Clinical' continuing education credits.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2018-01-01