Effective Treatment for People in Homelessness Rehabilitation (Updated)
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED CE Hours for only $74.95?
Click Here to learn more.
CE Course Description
This CE course equips those who provide services to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who need or are in substance abuse or mental illness treatment with guidelines to support their care. This course also discusses prevention and treatment as part of integrated care.
Article Author: Authors: Hunter L. McQuistion, M.D., Jennifer Frey, Ph.D., Jesse B. Milby, Jr., Ph.D., Douglas J. Warn, LCSW-R, Debbie Fisk, LCSW, Kelvin M. Silver, M.Ed., LCPC, LCADC, CRC, NCC; Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate strategies a counselor could use to identify the most pressing issues and help the client stay focused on those issues.
2. Explain the Housing First model.
3. Investigate appropriate ways to intervene with a client who is being disruptive in a public place.
4. Examine how to engage people who are living on the street.
5. Provide the benefit of using the technique “over-reflecting.”
6. Describe what a counselor should do when working with a client who is overwhelmed.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2016-07-13