Group Therapy Treatment for Substance Abuse (Revised)
$55.00 | CE Hours:11.00 | Intermediate
IAODAPCA CE credit for: Counselor I or II, CARS I or II, CODP I or II, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS I or II, CPRS I or II, MAATP I or II, CFPP II, CVSS II
Did you know you can now get UNLIMITED CE Hours for only $74.95?
Click Here to learn more.
CE Course Description
Groups can support individual members in times of pain and trouble, and they can help people grow in ways that are healthy and creative. This CE course assists counselors in enhancing their therapeutic skills with regards to leading groups that are designed to promote recovery from substance abuse.
Article Author: Philip Flores, Ph.D., COP, FAGPA, et al.; Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the primary areas in which leaders should possess knowledge and skills.
2. Explain the single most important factor contributing to the success of outpatient therapy groups.
3. Scrutinize which type of client may be inappropriate for group therapy.
4. Elucidate the specific personal qualities and professional practices required for effective group leadership.
5. Identify the leader’s job in interpersonal process group therapy.
6. Describe the feelings that are common among people with substance abuse histories which the group leader needs to be able to empathize with.
ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2021-04-16