Competencies for Counseling the Multiracial Population
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
The goal of this CE course is for the competencies discussed to serve as a resource and provide a framework for how counseling and other helping professionals can competently and effectively work with and advocate for members of the multiracial population, including interracial couples, multiracial families, multiracial individuals, and transracial adoptees and families.
Article Author: Dr. Kelley R. Kenney, Dr. Mark E. Kenney
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Summarize counseling competencies for working with and advocating for members of the multiracial population including interracial couples, multiracial families, and multiracial individuals, and transracial adoptees and families.
2. Discuss ways in which multiracial individuals, families and couples may face biased environmental systems and deal with stressors associated with negative encounters that are rooted in racism.
3. Describe steps counselors can take to maintain professional orientation and ethical practice when working with those who are multiracial.
4. Identify specific strategies that counselors may use with multiracial populations to promote human growth and development, social and cultural diversity, and career development.
5. Provide an overview of transracial adoption, including its history, ethical concerns, and counseling competencies for working with transracial adoptees.
Date Added: 2015-08-27
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.