Working With Kinship Caregivers
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Due to the age of the material, this course will be discontinued from our library on 03/25/2020.
CEU Course Description
This CE course provides guidance to help child welfare professionals promote kinship care by providing information, referral, and support services to kinship caregivers to ensure the safety, permanency, and well-being of children in their care. In addition, this course discusses: types of kinship care; benefits of kinship care; training for caseworkers; how to support kinship caregivers; and examples of programs for kinship caregivers.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate the specific skills and competencies that caseworkers who are assigned kinship care cases should receive training for to work effectively with the kinship triad.
2. Compare and contrast the different types of kinship care possibilities and the benefits to the agencies, States, and the kinship triad for each.
3. Elucidate what the planning and delivering services and supports for kinship caregivers should be guided by.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-02-12