Rural Child Welfare Practice
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
Due to the age of the material, this course will be discontinued from our library on 03/25/2020.
CEU Course Description
This course highlights the importance of understanding the diverse needs, strengths, and resources of children and families from rural areas, the challenges these families and those who work with them may face, and the cultural sensitivity required of child welfare staff as they work to achieve well-being, permanency, and safety for rural children.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the most valuable resource in rural America and how this works to the benefit of the community and its members.
2. Enumerate the elements that social work programs should include in order to prepare students to work in rural environments.
3. Investigate the barriers to obtaining services in rural communities.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-01-12