Injury Prevention in Elderly Care
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
This course provides guidelines to help reduce the number and severity of work-related musculoskeletal disorders in facilities. The recommendations in these guidelines are based on a review of existing practices and programs, State OSHA programs, as well as available scientific information, and comments received from representatives of trade and professional associations, labor organizations, the medical community, individual firms, and other interested parties. OSHA hopes that employers with similar work environments will find these guidelines applicable such as assisted living centers, homes for the disabled, homes for the aged, and hospitals, as well as nursing homes.
CE Course Objectives
1. Know what a nursing home needs to do to successfully protect workers from musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
2. Be able to identify problem situations that may cause injuries to nursing home workers.
3. Be able to select solutions that will prevent worker injuries when lifting or transferring nursing home residents.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-09-04