Top LGBT Health Issues
$15.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This course provides an overview of current health issues among lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) populations. It is intended to create awareness among prevention specialists and healthcare providers of the needs, experiences, and health status of LGBT Americans. The course is appropriate for organizations and individuals that serve LGBT populations across the country.
CE Course Objectives
1. Make appropriate distinctions among the diverse LGBT population.
2. Be aware of the unique physical, behavioral and sexual health issues for different subsets of the LGBT community.
3. Be better able to identify, track and treat health needs for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
4. Access many useful web-based resources on health issues for this population.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-08-13