Suicide Prevention in High Schools
$30.00 | CE Hours:10.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This toolkit was prepared for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) by the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) in collaboration with Education Development Center, Inc. This toolkit was developed to assist high school personnel design and implement strategies to prevent suicide and promote behavioral health among students.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the roles of school personnel, parents, and mental health professionals in preventing suicide among students.
2. Describe strategies that can help students who are at risk for suicide.
3. Understand how to respond to the suicide of a student or other member of the school community.
4. Evaluate suicide prevention programs and activities that are effective for individual schools and that respond to the needs and cultures of each school’s students.
5. Determine how to integrate suicide prevention into activities that fulfill other aspects of the school’s mission, such as preventing the abuse of alcohol and other drugs.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2013-03-19