Technology-Based Therapeutic Tools in Behavioral Health
$12.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course assists clinicians with the implementation of technology-assisted care (TAC); highlights the importance of using technology-based assessments and interventions in behavioral health treatment services; and discusses how technology reduces barriers to accessing care.
Article Author: Lisa Marsch, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss ground rules for pretreatment telephone or video groups.
2. Enumerate the key principles that guide TAC in the behavioral health arena.
3. Investigate the benefits of embedding elements of cognitive-behavioral therapy on mobile devices.
4. Examine the legal considerations related to online counseling models.
5. Elucidate the advantages and disadvantages of using web-based programs in counseling.
6. Identify the clients that may not be good candidates for online care.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-07-13