Sheltering Transgender Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
Transgender and non-transgender survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV) share the same vital need for safety, shelter, and support services. This CEU course provides effective strategies for integrating trans women into shelters, building on the knowledge that most professionals have already developed practice, familiarity, and skill in while providing shelter services to women.
Article Author: Michael Munson, M.A.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate the questions that trans survivors should be asked by agencies.
2. Examine the specific safety concerns a trans woman may have about entering shelter.
3. Scrutinize the criteria that a trans woman’s shared room assignment in an all-gender shelter should be based on.
4. Provide the clear policies on how bias, harassment, discrimination, and violence should be handled in shelters.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-05-22