Impact of Adoption on Children and Adults
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course provides knowledge on: talking to children about the changes of adoption; helping children understand their histories and losses; helping children cope with trauma; helping children transfer attachments; postadoption issues; openness, searching, and access to family history; and the development of identity and self-esteem.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the ways that adoptive parents and siblings can deal with the feelings about birth families that may arise and, together, help the adopted child or youth integrate and feel secure.
2. Enumerate the skills that are important for parents and others working with the child to use during the transition phase.
3. Explain the five phases of the development of adult adoptive identity.
4. Investigate the differences in rates of disorders between adopted persons and their nonadoptive peers.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-03-01