HIV AIDS Health Care Maintenance and Disease Prevention
$15.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides health care professionals working with the HIV-infected population information on occupational and nonoccupational postexposure prophylaxis; preventing HIV transmission; immunizations for HIV-infected adults and adolescents; preventing exposure to opportunistic and other infections; opportunistic infection prophylaxis; latent tuberculosis infection; smoking cessation; and nutrition.
Article Author: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Enumerate the exposure and source patient factors that are associated with an increased risk of HIV transmission.
2. Investigate what the efficacy of postexposure prophylaxis is related to.
3. Examine considerations in choosing the medications for a PEP regimen.
4. Identify when nonoccupational postexposure prophylaxis is and is not appropriate.
5. Provide the laboratory tests that should be performed at baseline before treatment with ARV medication.
6. Describe the circumstances when more than 3 ARVs would be appropriate.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-11-13