Schedule II Controlled Substances
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
Does not meet the education requirement for applying to the DEA for Schedule II Authority
*ICB Credit for Counselor I, Preventionist I, CARS I, MISA I, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, MAATP I, NCRS I, CFPP II
Illinois Specific Approvals: Counselor I, Preventionist I, CARS I, MISA I, PCGC II, CCJP II, CAAP I, CRSS II, MAATP I, NCRS I, CFPP II
CE Course Description
This course is based on The Controlled Substances Act and taken from the larger manual Drugs of Abuse. The CSA places all substances which were in some manner regulated under existing federal law into one of five schedules. This placement is based upon the substance’s medical use, the potential for abuse, and safety or dependence liability.
CE Course Objectives
1. Discuss the elements of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) including classes of drugs recognized by the CSA.
2. Differentiate between Schedule I, II, III, IV, and V substances.
3. Identify the characteristics of physical dependence, psychological dependence, and addiction.
4. Describe the origin, legal status, and effects of various narcotics, stimulants, and depressants.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-11-06