Preventing and Addressing Alcohol and Drug Problems - A Handbook for Clergy
$15.00 | CE Hours:5.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course is intended to increase awareness of the family consequences when the disease of addiction is present, enhance the ability to support people in faith communities who are struggling with addiction, and provide some strategies to help prevent alcohol and drug use by the youth in the community. It is based on the core competences published by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) in 2004. With a better understanding of addiction and the untreated family consequences, the reader may be more comfortable and effective in helping affected families obtain necessary help, and in adopting strategies that can reduce the number of people who will be hurt by these diseases in the future.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Get straight information you can share with others about alcohol and drug addiction
2. Understand how addiction in a family impacts the children
3. Learn strategies that can help children and youth of addicted parents to use with the youth in your congregation
4. Find out what community prevention approaches work well
5. Get resources you can turn to for help and materials you can reproduce easily
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2013-04-26