Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course provides a number of treatment approaches that address substance use during the teen years. The course covers approaches, as well as presents a set of guiding principles and frequently asked questions about substance abuse and treatment in this special population.
Article Author: National Institute on Drug Abuse, Nora D. Volkow M.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Differentiate between adolescents’ drug use and treatment needs and those of adults.
2. Discuss the various treatment approaches that are available to address the unique needs of adolescents.
3. Identify strategies to support ongoing recovery, sustain treatment gains, and prevent relapse for young people with substance abuse issues.
4. List the components of comprehensive drug abuse treatment and specific principles pertaining to adolescent substance use disorder treatment.
5. Summarize common myths and questions surrounding drug use and abuse during the teenage years.
6. Describe the role of support services such as continuing care, mutual help groups, peer recovery, and recovery high schools in helping adolescents throughout the healing process.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-02-24