Confidentiality: Title 42 CFR Part 2
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course focuses on the confidentiality of alcohol and drug abuse patient records by providing information on: general provisions; disclosures with patient consent; disclosures without patient consent; and court orders authorizing disclosure and use.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss the restrictions on disclosure and use in reports of suspected child abuse and neglect.
2. Explain how an individual patient can benefit from Federal support and not be covered by the confidentiality regulations.
3. Investigate the restriction on use of information to bring criminal charges against a patient for a crime.
4. Define the term “minor” under State law.
5. Elucidate how written records subject to security regulations must be maintained when not in use.
6. Describe which items must be included in the written summary of the Federal law and regulations given to the patient.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-06-20