Spice, Bath Salts, and Behavioral Health
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course provides introductory information about spice and bath salts for behavior health professionals who treat people with mental illness, substance use disorders, or both. It is not meant to present comprehensive information about spice or bath salts or treatment of substance use disorders involving their use.
1. Describe the chemical components of spice and bath salts, their common product names, and the prevalence of use.
2. Identify the relationship between the use of spice or bath salts and the development of symptoms of mental disorders.
3. Outline the adverse physical effects of spice and bath salt use.
4. Discuss the implications of bath salt and spice use on behavioral health service providers.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-11-11