Sexual Assault - Enhancing Sexual Assault Services
$9.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CEU course provides information to support sexual assault services programs in strengthening their organizational and individual responses to survivors of sexual violence through the use of a trauma-informed approach by discussing the following topics: understanding trauma; defining trauma-informed services; core principles of trauma-informed services; spheres of implementation; and a guide for integrating trauma-informed services.
This material was reprinted, with permission, from The National Sexual Assault Coalition Resource Sharing Project and the National Sexual Violence Resource Center’s publication entitled “Building Cultures of Care: A Guide for Sexual Assault Services Programs.” This guide is available by visiting www.nsvrc.org.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Investigate the core focus that is at the center of trauma-informed services.
2. Examine the importance of supervision and describe proper vs. improper supervision techniques.
3. Elucidate approaches that can be used to provide philosophical exploration and skill development for staff training on the impact of trauma and how to support healing.
4. Identify the ways programs can build an infrastructure for sustaining trauma awareness and growth.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-06-18