Parental Alienation Syndrome and Parental Alienation
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
While parental alienation syndrome (PAS) and parental alienation (PA) have much in common, both as theories and with respect to how they are used in court, they have distinct scientific and research bases and critiques. This CEU course provides a historical and research overview of PAS and PA, identifies strategic issues for advocates working with abused women and children, and offers guidelines to improve courts’ treatment of these issues.
Article Author: Joan Meier; National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain the assumption that PAS theory is premised on.
2. Investigate the debate that continues to rage in research and advocacy circles over parental alienation.
3. Examine the topics that evaluators of abuse should be required to have genuine expertise in.
4. Identify the ideal strategy for combating PAS/PA claims leveled against an abuse survivor.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-02-20