Men and Grief
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
This course explores the different ways in which men react to and heal from grief and sadness. The course weaves in the complex web of biology and environment to illuminate how and why men may respond differently than women, as well as how their responses are similar. By exploring some of the different and similar emotional responses and their roots, the hope is to be better able to support one another through painful times.
CE Course Objectives
1. Recognize that individuals all grieve differently, despite gender; but that some similarities tend to exist among men.
2. Identify the emotions and behaviors that are and are not helpful or required for healing.
3. Be aware of talk and story-telling patterns that may be part of a man’s healing process.
4. Identify some of the myths around a man’s path to healing from loss.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2011-10-27