The Role of a Full Continuum of Psychiatric Care
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
This CE course addresses the public policy recommendations for reducing the human and economic costs associated with severe mental illness by building and invigorating a robust, interconnected, evidence-based system of care that goes beyond beds.
Article Author: Debra Pinals, MD and Doris Fuller, MFA
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate common elements of serious mental illness and their treatment in the service delivery system.
2. Explain the reason behind federal and state initiatives being enacted.
3. Examine which individuals have access to transitional beds.
4. Define the institutions of mental disease (IMD) exclusion.
5. Identify what is widely recognized as a symptom of system failures, including the lack of a full continuum of accessible psychiatric care.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-12-04