Caregiver Health and Services
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
***This course will be expiring on 03/30/2021. After this date, you will be unable to take this course for renewal credit.***
CEU Course Description
This CEU course examines the well-being of children involved with child welfare agencies; captures information about the investigation of abuse or neglect; collects information about the child’s family; provides information about child welfare interventions and other services; and describes key characteristics of child development.
Article Author: Melissa Dolan, et al.; Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Discuss which type of caregiver has the highest rates of depression.
2. Investigate which type of caregiver is more likely to report having five or more children in the household.
3. Scrutinize which age group of parents is the most likely to have been arrested.
4. Elucidate the most commonly reported service for basic living needs.
5. Identify the most commonly held type of parent health insurance.
6. Describe the frequency of at-risk drinking done by each caregiver type.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2016-02-20