Improving Hand Hygiene
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the Institute For Healthcare Improvement guide which help organizations reduce health-care-associated infections, including infections due to antibiotic-resistant organisms, by improving hand hygiene practices and use of gloves among health care workers.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Review how transmission of pathogens most often occurs.
2. Become familiar with which techniques have been shown to be more effective in reducing the number of viable bacteria and viruses on hands, require less time to use, and cause less hand irritation and dryness with repeated use.
3. Appreciate how much time is necessary for competent hand rubbing and/or handwashing.
4. Enumerate all of the potentially infectious substances that require gloves to be worn.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2014-02-19