Developmentally Disabled Oral and Dental Care
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CEU Course Description
This course was developed from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services caregiver’s guide which shows how to help someone brush, floss, and have a healthy mouth. It also presents an overview of physical, mental, and behavioral challenges common in these patients and offers strategies for providing oral care.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify the steps to a healthy mouth.
2. Become familiar with the legal consent a dentist may need before treatment.
3. Understand what time of day a dental appointment should be scheduled for a patient with a gagging problem.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
To see approvals for a different license type in your state, visit our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-03-19