Trauma Specific Services
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CEU Course Description
This course covers various treatment approaches designed specifically to treat trauma-related symptoms, trauma-related disorders, and specific disorders of traumatic stress. To do this, trauma-specific treatment models, providing a brief overview of interventions that can be delivered immediately after a trauma, as well as trauma-specific interventions for use beyond the immediate crisis is addressed. In addition, focus is placed on integrated care that targets trauma-specific treatment for mental, substance use, and co-occurring disorders. Finally, this course provides a brief review of selected emerging interventions.
Article Author: Kathleen Guarino, LMHC
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
1. Describe various treatment approaches designed specifically to treat trauma-related symptoms and disorders.
2. Differentiate between treatment models that are meant to be delivered immediately after a trauma and those used beyond the initial crisis.
3. Review interventions that are emerging to address traumatic stress symptoms and disorders.
4. Identify treatment strategies that help clients who are experiencing trauma related issues along with substance dependence.
5. Discuss research findings pertaining to trauma-specific treatment services.
Date Added: 2014-09-11
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.