Borderline Personality Disorder and Substance Use Disorders
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This CE course presents the signs and symptoms of borderline personality disorder, with or without a co-occurring substance use disorder, alerts professionals to the importance of monitoring clients with borderline personality disorder for self-harm and suicidal behavior, and encourages professionals to refer such clients for appropriate treatment.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Identify the general characteristics of personality disorders and the symptoms of borderline personality disorder.
2. Discuss how suicide and non-suicidal self-injury impacts those with BPD.
3. Summarize the symptoms of substance use disorders and evaluate the relationship between SUDs and BPD.
4. Outline treatment considerations for people with BPD and SUDs, including the importance of using a team approach.
5. Describe self-care strategies for behavioral healthcare professionals who work with individuals with BPD.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-03-09