Biomarkers and Alzheimer's Science
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course covers recent scientific research on Alzheimer's disease, including biomarkers that have been identified, modifiable and genetic risk factors, drug research, studies on the effects of different kinds of care, and discoveries from basic science research.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Learn what biomarkers have been identified and what this means for those diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
2. Know what research has shown are risk factors that can be modified, such as diet and physical activity.
3. Learn what genetic markers are associated with Alzheimer's and what this means for people who have those markers.
4. Be able to identify what drugs currently impact the progression of Alzheimer's, and what drugs are being tested for future use.
5. Know what forms of care for Alzheimer's patients research has shown work best in prolonging brain function.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2012-12-18