$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
Changes in marijuana policies across states legalizing marijuana for medical and/or recreational use suggest that marijuana is gaining greater acceptance in our society. This CE course covers what is particularly important for people to understand about both the adverse health effects and the potential therapeutic benefits linked to marijuana.
Author: Marijuana. (2018, June). National Institute on Drug Abuse; National Institutes of Health; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Retrieved from: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/letter-director
CE Course Objectives
1. Explain the strongest evidence to date that concerns links between marijuana use and substance use disorders and between marijuana use and psychiatric disorders.
2. Compare the amount of THC delivered to the bloodstream when eating / drinking marijuana vs. smoking marijuana.
3. Give three symptoms of acute psychosis in people who have taken large doses of marijuana.
4. Describe three opioid use elements that detailed analysis has shown to be associated with in regard to legally protected access to medical marijuana dispensaries.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. What is marijuana?
2. What is the scope of marijuana use in the United States?
3. What are marijuana effects?
4. How does marijuana produce its effects?
5. Does marijuana use affect driving?
6. Is marijuana addictive?
7. What are marijuana's long-term effects on the brain?
8. Is marijuana a gateway drug?
9. How does marijuana use affect school, work, and social life?
10. Is there a link between marijuana use and psychiatric disorders?
11. What are marijuana's effects on lung health?
12. What are marijuana's effects on other aspects of physical health?
13. Is marijuana safe and effective as medicine?
14. What are the effects of secondhand exposure to marijuana smoke?
15. Can marijuana use during and after pregnancy harm the baby?
16. Available treatments for marijuana use disorders
17. Where can I get further information about marijuana?
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is not offered for this course. A list of courses offering ACE credit can be found here.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Added On: 2018-08-18