Womens Mental Health
$15.00 | CE Hours:3.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
The Action Steps for Improving Women’s Mental Health represent a collaborative effort of women’s health experts across multiple agencies and offices. Its purpose is to spur positive changes. The hope is that policy planners, healthcare providers, researchers, and others will take up its suggested actions and help translate them into reality. This manual is full of helpful and beneficial information. Even the appendix pages were used in the course development.
Article Author: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Nancy C. Lee, M.D.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify the individual, environmental, and system-based issues that impact women’s mental health while assessing the impact of mental health on a woman's overall health.
2. Recognize strategies for improving the interface of primary care and mental health services for women, and for promoting a recovery-oriented, strengths-based approach to treatment.
3. Evaluate the unique prevalence of trauma, violence, and abuse in the lives and mental health of females, as well as the cultural and social disparities that place women at greater risk for certain mental illnesses.
4. Examine ways to accelerate research on the role of gender in mental health and methods to reduce the burden of mental illnesses in women and men.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2011-10-27