Women Who Inject Drugs: Risks, Experiences, and Needs
$30.00 | CE Hours:6.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Women who inject drugs have substantially different needs and face higher risks of disease and violence than do men who inject drugs. This CE course seeks to illuminate the many reasons a focus on drug-injecting women is important, including their significantly higher mortality rates, increased likelihood of facing injecting-related problems, faster progression from first use to dependence, higher rates of HIV, increased risky injection and/or sexual risk behaviors.
Article Author: Anna Roberts LL.B, MIPH, et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Investigate predictors for initiation into injecting drug use.
2. Compare and contrast residential, outpatient, and low threshold treatment designs.
3. Examine the primary source of risk that may explain the higher rates of HIV among female IDU sex workers.
4. Elucidate one of the strongest individual attribute predictors of initiating to injecting.
5. Identify when female IDU are more likely to enter and remain in treatment.
6. Provide the main structural barrier to seeking treatment.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-08-09