Cultural Elements in Treating Addiction in Latino Populations
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course is based upon a guide that was written for counselors treating clients from Latino cultures. It's purpose is to help counselors and therapists improve their skills in response to treatment challenges working with Latinos. The approach taken is to highlight key similarities and differences in cultural beliefs, attitudes and practices commonly seen among Latino clients.
Article Author: Rafaela Robles EdD, CBHATTC, Wanda Rodriguez JD, LLM, CBHATTC, and Maria del Mar Garcia MSW, MPH, CBHATTC
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Describe how cultural change affects Latinos and their drug use.
2. Discuss the stigma found in Latino families in relation to Latina addicts.
3. Explain the problems by the Latino population in accessing recovery resources.
4. Describe the approaches to integrating culture into therapy with the Latino population.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2013-08-09