Telehealth Care in Behavioral Health: Case Vignettes
$27.50 | CE Hours:5.50 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Technology-based therapeutic tools are becoming widely used in behavioral health services. This CE course provides counselor-client dialog to facilitate learning, along with comments from the point of view of an experienced clinician about the strategies used, possible alternative techniques, and insights into what the client or prospective client may be thinking. Step-by-step information on how to implement a specific intervention is also included.
Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Using Technology-Based Therapeutic Tools in Behavioral Health Services. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 60. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 15-4924. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2015. A full bibliography and list of panel contributors of this evidence-based treatment manual can be seen from the original document retrieved from: https://store.samhsa.gov/product/TIP-60-Using-Technology-Based-Therapeutic-Tools-in-Behavioral-Health-Services/SMA15-4924
CE Course Objectives
1. Exhibit an understanding of the seven primary issues to consider in developing a web-based outreach and early intervention program and their relevance to technology-based therapeutic tools
2. Enumerate the four advantages and the four disadvantages of using Web-based programs in counseling
3. Exhibit knowledge of the three specific behavioral health situations in which Web-based programs in counseling can be contraindicated
4. Identify eight rules that help minimize issues arising in telephone and video conferencing groups
6. List 6 steps involved in setting up a space to work with an interpreter of the deaf
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-10-11