Preventing Intimate Partner Violence Across the Lifespan
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
This course is approved by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Course Approval # DVP-2019-11, for DV 2 Victim and 2 Offender CEs. This will appear on your CE Certificate.
CE Course Description
Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) is a serious preventable public health problem that affects millions of Americans and occurs across the lifespan. This CE course discusses strategies based on the best available evidence to help communities and states sharpen their focus on prevention activities with the greatest potential to prevent IPV and its consequences across the lifespan.
Article Author: Phyllis Holditch Niolon, Ph.D., et al.
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CE Course Objectives
1. Enumerate factors that put individuals at risk for perpetrating IPV.
2. Explain the technique critical to a primary prevention approach to the problem of IPV.
3. Investigate when IPV often begins.
4. Examine community-level approaches for creating protective environments against the perpetration of partner violence.
5. Identify for whom the lifetime prevalence of experiencing IPV is highest.
6. Describe the approaches for interrupting the developmental pathways contributing to partner violence.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course is CAADE approved.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-08-24