Mentally Healthy Aging
$10.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
Also approved for Oregon AMH, APD and DD
CE Course Description
Older adult roundtables, established by the Center for Mental Health Services with the assistance of the Geriatric Mental Health Foundation and the National Mental Health Awareness Campaign, were convened in Washington, D.C. They reviewed the research findings on older adults and mental health. Many facts were found that must be taken into account when developing action plans for the future of mental health care for older adults (adults age 65 and older). Some of the trends for older adults and mental illnesses are illustrated in this public domain material.
CE Course Objectives
1. Identify practical strategies to eliminate stigma and discrimination toward older adults with mental illness.
2. Describe the steps needed to empower and educate older adults with mental illnesses as well as tactics used to inform the public about mental health and aging.
3. Evaluate recent research findings on mental illness and disorders for aging adults, including those focusing on poor quality of care and lack of treatment for these populations.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2011-10-27