Legal Protection for Older Adults During All-Hazards Emergencies
$20.00 | CE Hours:4.00 | Intermediate
Approved by Oregon DHS for AMH, APD and DD
CEU Course Description
The guidance offered in this course is intended to help close many of the gaps in emergency planning and preparedness for vulnerable older adults. In particular, this CEU course seeks to give public health officials, the Aging Services Network, emergency management personnel, and essential partners from other sectors and at all jurisdiction levels the critical information, strategies, and resources they need to improve the planning for and protection of vulnerable, community-dwelling older adults during all types of emergencies.
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain the actions required by officials, when planning for older adults, in order for shelter facilities to meet the special needs of this population.
2. Investigate what impairs older adults’ ability to prepare for, respond to, and adapt during emergencies, and can therefore put them at greater risk of illness and death.
3. Elucidate what planning officials should do to protect vulnerable older adults during emergencies.
4. Identify the core elements of public health legal preparedness for emergencies and other public health priorities.
5. Provide the purpose of the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act.
6. Describe what should be kept in mind when creating health or emergency messages or instructions.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2015-08-31