Family Engagement to Improve Child Welfare Outcomes
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
CE Course Description
Engaging families in the casework process promotes the safety, permanency, and well-being of children and families in the child welfare system and is central to successful practice. This CE course provides an overview of the foundational elements of the family engagement approach, as well as strategies and promising practices for implementing this approach at the case level, peer level, and system level.
Author: Child Welfare Information Gateway. (2016). Family engagement: Partnering with families to improve child welfare outcomes. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children’s Bureau.
Retrieved from: https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/f-fam-engagement/
CE Course Objectives
1. Name three improved outcomes that result from Solution-Based Casework.
2. Explain when families are more likely to commit to achieving case goals.
3. Identify the hallmark of family engagement practice.
4. Describe three approaches that can be used to promote family engagement in daily practice.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. The Benefits of Family Engagement
2. Strategies for Engaging Families at the Practice Level
a. The Basic of Practice-Level Engagement
b. Using Supportive Behaviors
c. Instituting Family Teaming Models
d. Incorporating Family Finding
e. Encouraging Father Involvement
f. Employing the Solution-Based Casework Approach
g. Using the Motivational Interview
h. Developing Cultural Competence
3. Engaging Parents as Peer Mentors at the Program Level
4. Promoting Family Engagement at the Systems Level
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2018-11-05