Behavioral Health Screening in HIV Care Settings
$5.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Beginning
Florida - in addition to the Florida boards we are specifically approved by, the following additional Florida boards accept this HIV course by virtue of an MQA complementary board, for hiv credit: Florida Board of Athletic Training, Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel,Florida Board of Massage Therapy, Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators, Florida Board of Occupational Therapy, Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice, Florida Board of Podiatric Medicine, Florida Board of Respiratory Care, Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition, Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery, Florida Council of Medical Physicists, Florida Electrolysis Council, Florida Emergency Medical Services
CEU Course Description
Behavioral health screening is an important step for health care provider organizations to increase access to quality behavioral health care. This CEU course provides steps and examples that organizations can follow to build effective behavioral health screening that supports a system of integrated care.
Article Author: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Exam writer: Patricia Hocking-Walker, M.S. (Psychology)
CEU Course Objectives
1. Explain the Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment model.
2. Investigate the conditions people with HIV are more likely to have when they have depression.
3. Examine what should be done for patients who leave a number of questions blank at the end of the screening questionnaire for fear of hospitalization for their responses.
4. Identify how universal screening benefits the patient and the health care system.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers CE Provider #50-8650 (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, License No. 159.001261 approved CE Sponsor
- Ohio CSWMFTB #RCST091701 approved CE Provider
- Texas Board of SWE #5070 approved CE Provider
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2020 – 01/03/2023.
To see other approvals in your state, see our state by state provider approval listings here.
This course does not have CAADE approval for CEUs.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degrees of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
Added On: 2017-01-12