Improving Goal Achievement Behavior in Adults with Limited Incomes
$3.00 | CE Hours:1.00 | Intermediate
CE Course Description
Self-regulation and goal attainment are promising areas of focus for employment programs due to the role that self-regulation and goal attainment may play in the ability of low-income adults to get and keep a job. This CE course presents a conceptual framework suggesting new approaches to improving economic self-sufficiency and well-being outcomes for low-income adults participating in employment programs.
Author: Anderson, Mary Anne, Jacqueline F. Kauff, and Elizabeth W. Cavadel. (2017, June). Improving Outcomes Among Employment Program Participants Through Goal Attainment: A Conceptual Framework. OPRE Report #2017-90, Washington DC: Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Babcock, E. “Using Brain Science to Design New Pathways Out of Poverty.” Boston, MA: Crittenton Women’s Union, 2014.
Bick, J., and C.A. Nelson. “Early Adverse Experiences and the Developing Brain.” Neuropsychopharmacology, vol. 41, no. 1, 2016, pp. 177-196.
Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University. “Building Core Capabilities for Life: The Science Behind the Skills Adults Need to Succeed in Parenting and in the Workplace.” Cambridge, MA: Harvard University, 2016.
Retrieved from: https://www.acf.hhs.gov/opre
CE Course Objectives
1. Conclude the phenomenon that can lead a person to make short-term decisions that alleviate urgent needs but cause greater financial challenges in the long run.
2. Describe the five stages of behavioral change.
3. Name the first step on the pathway to the ultimate outcome of interest and provides the foundation for the framework.
4. Summarize the forms of psychotherapy that can be used when working with people on achieving their goals.
CE Outline with Main Points
1. Foundational Research Supporting The Framework
a. Self-regulation skills
b. Goal achievement process
c. The environment
2. Elements Of The Conceptual Framework
a. Cognitive skills
b. Emotional skills
c. Personality-related factors
d. Readiness for change
e. Goal setting
f. Goal pursuit
h. Personal goal attainment and increased self-sufficiency
i. The environment and the program context within it
j. Interventions to strengthen self-regulation skills
k. Strategies intended to facilitate the goal achievement process
l. Strategies that address program context
Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2019 – 01/03/2020. Social workers completing this course receive 1.00 continuing education credits.
Social Work Approval
Social Work CE Credit for this course is offered with the following approvals. Many state boards of social work will accept the approvals listed. Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
- Quantum Units Education is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #89970, to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEP. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
- Florida board for Social Workers (Quantum 'immediately' reports CE Credits to Florida licensees)
- Texas Board of Social Workers
- ACE credit is offered for this course for social workers (followed by ACE approval statement that is currently on every ACE course page) Quantum Units Education, #1289, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Quantum Units Education maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 01/03/2019 – 01/03/2020.
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Provider Approvals by state and license type can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at email@example.com.
Added On: 2019-05-05