Ethics for Marriage and Family Therapists
$6.00 | CE Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
This course has also been approved for Ethics for MFTs in Florida and Ohio and reported to CE Broker.
Marriage and family therapists will inevitably face ethical dilemmas and predicaments, and they have an obligation to themselves, their clients, and the profession to be prepared to make sound, thoughtful decisions. The continuing education course, Ethics for Marriage and Family Therapists, was developed to provide MFTs with information pertaining to ethical codes and standards and to present practical examples of how ethical dilemmas may impact therapists and clients. The process for pursuing ethical standards is discussed as well as specific issues such as confidentiality, informed consent, boundary violations, cultural competence, and dual relationships.
1. Identify fundamental assumptions that marriage and family therapist must consider when contemplating ethical standards and responsibilities.
2. Differentiate between boundary crossings and boundary violations, and discuss the harm and potential benefit that they may create.
3. Summarize how dual relationships and multiple roles may impact the therapeutic relationship,
4. Outline the principles of informed consent and confidentially, including how statements and agreements are used to clarify these standards.
5. Review the numerous competencies related to professional excellence and integrity, and describe possible outcomes if professional misconduct occurs.
6. Identify how MFTs monitor professional standards, model appropriate behavior, and maintain professional boundaries while in a supervisorial position.
7. Define cultural competence and identify how an MFT’s exposure to Western principles and concepts may be in opposition to values and beliefs of other cultures.
Date Added: 2014-11-12
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: email@example.com.