Administrators - Addressing the Needs of Women in Treatment
$6.00 | CEU Hours:2.00 | Intermediate
CEU Course Description
This course addresses the following aspects with regard to the specific needs of women in substance abuse treatment: women’s patterns of substance use across a continuum from initiation of use through recovery; the physiological effects of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco on women; specific screening, assessment, and treatment engagement, placement, and planning processes that support the unique constellation of women’s issues; women’s prevention issues and treatment needs across specific population groups and treatment settings; current knowledge, including science-based and best practices, to best address the biopsychosocial factors that influence treatment engagement, retention, and outcomes among women; and administrative considerations to support gender-responsive treatment for women.
1. Discuss how women’s experiences as well as their unique biopsychosocial and cultural needs must be considered in substance abuse treatment.
2. Summarize various gender-responsive treatment principles associated with women in general and specifically with women who have substance use disorders.
3. Review the physiological effects of substances on women as well as use patterns that are specific to them.
4. Differentiate between interpersonal, intrapersonal, structural, sociocultural, and systemic barriers to treatment for women.
5. Identify services needed in women’s substance abuse treatment, characteristics of effective programs, and program development considerations for specific populations.
Date Added: 2014-12-13
Course Development: Each course is identified and reviewed by the appropriate Quantum Units Education consultant with professional and licensed expertise in the various disciplines we serve. Our professional consultants oversee course development to satisfy the needs of various professionals based on their board requirements, rate course degree of difficulty and ensure the course content and exam questions are appropriate, relevant and comprehensive. See our professional staff and their bios here.
*Board Approvals for this course can be found here.
*Questions regarding how to take a course, refunds, grievance policy and ADA policy can be found here.
*Questions regarding this course or need support? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.